Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our Yummy Creations!

When Laurel and I were at the store we lucked out and got some organic whipping cream marked down to 79 cents. I picked some up as I couldn't leave a deal like that behind. At first I was thinking of making some ice cream but decided it would be fun for the kids to make their own butter. I remembered doing it as a kid and thinking it was pretty neat. After finishing planting and watering the trees we came inside and I poured some into a jar and we all took turns shaking while we watched a show. It was funny how Laurel wanted to make sure we took our turns in order. Unfortunately I filled the jar a bit to full so as it started to get thicker there wasn't enough room to shake it very well. I put our almost butter into a dish and finished it with the hand mixer. We poured the buttermilk off and had our very own delicious butter. It really is better then the store bought butter. We needed something to put it on though as butter on it's own isn't so great so we took the buttermilk and cooked waffles for dinner. Of course how better to top off our waffles made with organic buttermilk and organic butter then with high fructose Aunt Jemima syrup of course...lol At least it was the lower sugar version.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That is so fun! Love the picture of Laurel...it's a great one!