Monday, March 2, 2009

Our new photo collage wall


Our front room wall was rather bare and in need of something so it didn't look so empty. I had the 3 large pictures of the kids already but didn't want them to look like they were just floating on the wall when I hung them. My mom mentioned that Courtney had a really cute arrangement of photos in her front room and something similar would look nice on my wall. Courtney was nice enough to send me a picture of her wall for inspiration, thanks Courtney! Then my personal shopper otherwise known as mom helped to find a lot of the special elements for the wall. She found the C on clearance at Dillards and the metal vine and a few frames at HomeGoods. She let me have the large photo of me on the left that was hanging at her house. Then we hit Ross together to find many of the smaller frames to fill out the arrangement. Ross by the way has really great prices on frames if you ever need of some. Then this last Thursday mom came out to help me arrange and hang the pictures. Alan also got to help a lot in the hanging pictures department while we directed. I'm really happy with it. I just need 2 small frames or decoration for the bottom row of frames to complete it and of course I need to get pictures printed to fill all my empty frames.

4 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Looks great Amber!! I will now have to check out Ross for frames. Thanks for the tip and for the idea! =)

Lyne Family said...

Looks great! I'm going to do something similar on our long wall between the living room and family room...eventually. I've had the idea for a long time, but it usually takes me a long time between idea and actually getting it done. :)

Anonymous said...

You did a great job Amber, it looks great! Aren't moms great for their shopping and decoration advice? Someday I'm going to make it there to visit and see your house and my babies!

Courtney said...

It looks awesome! Glad I could be so inspiring...jk.