Sunday, April 5, 2009

I love a night out

I had a great time Saturday night as it was MNO otherwise known as mother's night out. The kids were happy to stay home and have a fun night watching Bolt (thanks Heather for bringing it over) and eating pizza with Alan. This gathering was some local moms from my online mom's group which I've been frequenting since I was expecting Lawrence over nine years ago. I have made some wonderful friends both local and across the country. My friend Barb who was raised Jewish and grew up in New York was really craving some Jewish food with passover being soon. I'd never had Jewish food but am always up for something new so agreed that is what we should do. We met at a Jewish Deli called Chompies. I even got my baby fix while I was there holding Chelsea's daughter Alea who is almost 3 months old and such a cutie. Nursing babies are welcome to mno just the bigger kids get to stay home. We just ordered a bunch of things off the menu and cut and shared it so we could try a variety of things. The waiter was great about bringing some extra bowls and plates to accommodate us. There was so much food, a basket of different breads, sweet pickles, matzo ball soup, and knish. Then the motown sandwich which is pastrami on rye with coleslaw dressing had me a little worried as I don't particularly like rye but is was really delicious. I even tried a new soda called Dr. Browns Black Cherry. We finished off with Cheese and Blueberry Blintzes with yummy sides to top them with. All the while we laughed and talked and just had a nice relaxing time. After wards we walked through the bakery section and thought about taking home a black and white cookie or some other treats but we were all to stuffed. Next time we will have to save more room for Dessert. It is always a great time to renew ourselves and enjoy our friendships.

2 comments:

Rebecca K. said...

Sounds like fun!! i just had moms night with my table from MOPS last friday.. very fun!! we went to Red Robin. I totally miss you!!!
rebecca

wittygal said...

How fun! What kind of balls did you eat? I need to bust out of my shell and try some new eats.