Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Having Girls is so much fun

Saturday the girls and I headed out early to pickup Lawrence after his cub scout white tanks hike. We thought we could see if there were any garage sales on the way as you never know what you might find. Both the girls are always up for a garage sale or two and Azaria who loves to sleep will wake up early on Saturdays if she knows I'm going out. Azaria saw some purses at one garage sale and really wanted one. I tried to gear her towards a smaller cute one but she wanted the bigger purse. I figured it was her money she was spending so let her pick the one she wanted. She also got some friendship bracelets that were new in the package for a grand total of $1.25 for both. At another garage sale we found a fisher price kids camera for $1.00 and figured for that price we would give it a shot. Then Alan calls me and oops he forgot to tell me that Christy offered to drop Lawrence off at the house...thanks Christy. We decided we should headed back home so Lawrence wouldn't come home and find no one there. The camera just needed some battery acid cleaned off the connectors and some new batteries and it was ready to go. The kids had a blast taking pictures of each other. Laurel even managed to drop the camera and as the ads claim it didn't hurt it at all. The picture quality isn't the best but since we only paid $1.00 I'm not too picky. These are two shots Lawrence took of his sisters.

















Sunday the girls and I decided to do a fun craft project. We made a safety pin bracelet. We did just a mix of crazy beads and colors on each safety pin. The girls actually did most of the them all by themselves. I was in charge of using the elastic cording to string them together though. It takes quite a few safety pins for each bracelet and I of course only had enough safety pins for once bracelet so the girls have to share until I remember to pick up more this week. The girls had to model the bracelet for photos. Can you tell my girls don't mind having their pictures taken?





































Later Azaria wanted to style my hair. I think there is nothing more relaxing then someone softly brushing and styling your hair. I get the spa treatment for free though of course I wouldn't normally wear these styles out. Once I did forget and wore a special style that had toilet paper flowers bobby pinned into my hair out. I kept wondering why everyone at Albertsons was looking at me when I ran out late to grab some milk. While she did my hair Laurel sat in my lap and I brushed and massaged her head. While Azaria was brushing my hair she asks if I give her new purse to her. She wanted the friendship bracelets out of it since she didn't have rubber bands so those would work just as well. I admit she did get my hair very smooth and my pony tail wasn't going anywhere. I think I had about 5-6 friendship bracelets tied around my hair. Other then the neon colored bracelets my hair looked nice enough to wear out though of course the joy of Sunday nights in spending time home with no where to go.

Now of course I had to look and see what else a seven year old would put in her own purse and laughed at all the bag had collected in one day. Here is her new purse with added decorative sticker and list of what was inside

*pair of scissor
*a pen
*some pink paper and a few cut into shape of hearts with love notes written for mom and dad..melts my heart
*webkinz stuffed plush
*big lip smackers lipgloss
*friendship bracelets
*Hello Kitty wallet which I think has more cash then I have right now thanks to her b-day money she is saving for something really good she says
* one sheet of glitter stickers
*about 20 bandaids
*sunglasses
*comb

4 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Ha ha I love what she put in her purse!! Especially the bandaids! Priceless. It sound like you guys have had tons of fun together. I love having a daughter!!

Anonymous said...

How fun Amber! I love Kaylee doing my hair, but I think she needs some tips from Zari :)

Jenna said...

I so WISH I had been at Albertson's the night you ran out to get milk....that would have made my day!

wittygal said...

Oh my goodness I completely forgot about safety pin bracelets. Brings back memories! You can learn a lot about a girl by what she carries in her purse. Love it!