Thursday, March 19, 2009

You have to love coupons

Okay well sometimes coupons can drive me crazy and I don't want to deal with them but they really are worth it when I take the time. It is helping to build my food storage and I can get some fun treats I normally wouldn't spend the money on. My kids know mom won't buy something if it isn't on sale or better yet on sale plus a coupon. They will pick through the coupons to show me what things they want me to buy. The last few weeks there have been so many things to stock up on. Today I had more fun couponing picking up a few fun things for the freezer on days I don't want to cook . I picked up 2 Kashi pizzas and 6 entrees that after coupons were $9.92. Then for buying $25 worth (before coupons) I got a coupon for $10.00 of my next shopping trip so I basically got paid .08 to take these all home. Alan likes to tease me and calls it my legal stealing since I get to take things out of the store without paying. My favorite coupon site is pinchingyourpennies.com to help match up the coupons to the ads. Plus they have it set up so you get a deal on multiple papers each week. I get six papers each week which I know seems like a lot but it really pays for itself. Plus a few weeks ago when each paper had a bag to bring in for a free Chipotle burrito we were glad to have six for sure that week.

No comments: